Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My last name is Hornatko, or 褏芯褉薪邪褌泻芯 in Russian, which my family supposedly is. Does anyone know the meaning?

I am trying to learn about my family heritage, but I have very little family and none of them know anything about our history. I have seen the name pop up in Google on Russian web pages, but I need some info, as I can't speak or read Russian. Thanks for any help.

My last name is Hornatko, or 褏芯褉薪邪褌泻芯 in Russian, which my family supposedly is. Does anyone know the meaning?
It's only a small sample, but most of the Hornatko people listed at ancestry.com have Austria as their birthplaces.





You would need to research your specific ancestors, though, to find your unique ancestry.





Familysearch.org has good advice on how to start. Click the links for "How do I get started?" and "Helpful research guidance"
Reply:It sounds Ukrainian or other Slavic name, not Russian at all.


Can't figure out the meaning though...


Probably lost in different spelling...

kumquat care

No comments:

Post a Comment