Friday, November 20, 2009

How do you legally change your last name in Michigan?

Can anyone give me some information, on the process of legally changing your last name in Michigan?





Is there a certain form you have to get, or a process that has to be followed?





I'm interested in changing my last name from my father's name, to my mother's Maiden name (for personal reasons). I don't know if it matters, but I am a legal adult.





Any information you guys could give me, would be greatly appreciated :)

How do you legally change your last name in Michigan?
Michigan is probably similar to the state of Arizona. You will have to go to the justice of the peace and fill out a form. In addition to the application, you also have to do somesort of notification usually it is running a notice in the newspaper of your name change.
Reply:i guess you would have to fill out this form from the justice of peace kind of thing. Report Abuse



No comments:

Post a Comment