Thursday, April 15, 2010

How do I go about changing my last name?

I don't see or talk to my father..and haven't most of my life. He decides to pop in every few years but even then I don't have any desire to talk to him, so I'm wondering how I could go about changing my last name to my mother's maiden name? Would I need the persmission from my dad to change it? I turned 18 years old in January, and I live in Ohio. Thanks for all your help in advance!

How do I go about changing my last name?
Go to your county court house and tell them you want to change your name. They'll give you the proper forms to fill out and the judge will approve it. You don't need anyone's permission to change your name if you're over 18.
Reply:Depending on the state where you live, its a fairly easy procedure. You have the right to change your first and last name if you so choose. Your best bet is to do a web search of the following (petition name change-state name)





It will provide you with the rules, regulations and available forms needed to change your name. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment