Friday, April 23, 2010

My last name is Cuascut. How do i find out if my last name is native american!?

I never had any contact with my biological fathers side of the family. Everyone insists that my last name is native american. How can I get proof?! or at least look it up?!

My last name is Cuascut. How do i find out if my last name is native american!?
I believe the last name Cuascut is of Spanish origin, not Native American.


http://www.ccrcal.org/Vol_1/Appendices/s...
Reply:You would trace your father's line back, using birth, death, and marriage certificates; census records; obituaries, cemetery records and funeral home records. Eventually you would come to a dead end, an Indian or an Immigrant.





According to


http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/f...


there are no people in the USA 1880 census with that exact spelling. There are no hits when I un-check "Exact spelling", either.





There are 18 people with that exact surname in the 1910 census, and 6 in the 1930, all in Puerto Rico.





The only people with that exact spelling the LDS mega-site has are on the SSDI. They are mostly in New York and Puerto Rico.


No comments:

Post a Comment