Saturday, April 24, 2010

How do u officially change your last name?

I've always had my mom's last name (its very complicated %26amp; hard to spell.) I would really like to have my dad's last name (it's very simple %26amp; easy to spell) Also, I'm trying to make it so that my abuser cant locate me and my kids. (domestic abuse) Thankx in advance!

How do u officially change your last name?
You file a petition to change your name with the Court that has jurisdiction over such cases in your community; and appear before the court to obtain te order. Many court's publish the forms for people to do it themselves. Attorneys generally do not charge much for the service. The hardest part is notifying all the people %26amp; agencies (eg. Social Security; Driver's license; banks; credit cards; kid's schools, etc) who need to know.
Reply:YOu petition the courts to change your name legally. It's very easy though a bit expensive. Call your local Circuit Court Clerk to get more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment